Keeping to your prefered weight
Maintaining your weight loss once you have reached your ideal weight can be easier said than done. Often it is easy to slip back into old eating habits and exercise less, but there are a number of different precautions you can take to ensure consistent weight maintenance and lasting weight loss.
Below we have accumulated a range of tips that can easily be incorporated into your weight management plan which will help you to maintain your weight for the long run.
1. One of the common mistakes with free diet plans is that they ask you to change all your dietary habits overnight. Now whilst this can be easy to follow to begin with, eventually this dramatic diet change will trigger cravings that can result in relapses.
The trick to losing weight is to modify your diet slowly. Firstly make sure you are following a healthy diet of 40% carbohydrates, 30% proteins and 30% fats before implementing the following techniques:
– slowly cut out high fat/unhealthy foods one at a time. If for example you normally eat chips 4 times week, begin by reducing your portions down by 1 meal every 2 weeks. Do this and by week 8 you will have naturally reduced you chip intake to once a week and eventually to none at all.
2. Don’t make food a sin. All nutrients are essential – even fats – the key is eating them in moderation. So transform your favourite foods into treats which you can have on special occasions. Not only will this give you something to look forward to, but these occasional treats will also prevent cravings and binge eating.
3. If you are too tired or too busy to go to a cardio class in the evening, go for a walk during your lunch break instead or invest in an aerobics DVD. Free from pressure of prying eyes, you can confidently exercise from the comfort of your own home whenever you want.
4. Try natural slimming pills. Many natural weight loss pills such as Proactol and Lipobind can be taken even after you have reached your ideal weight. Produced using organic ingredients, by simply modifying your capsule intake these diet pills can support your weight maintenance for as long as you need.
5. Eat regularly. Split your meals into 5 small portions consisting of 300 calories. Spaced out over the course of the day, you can prevent the temptation to snack, keep your metabolism working at optimum capacity and remain in firm control of what calories you are consuming.
6. Keep yourself hydrated. Often what we mistake as hunger is our body’s way of telling us we are thirsty. So the next time you feel a hunger pang, drink half a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If after these 15 minutes you still feel hungry eat a piece of fruit or a cracker.
More often than not though, you’ll find that these hunger pangs disappear and you are able to last to your next meal